Thursday, December 15, 2016

Review: The Stars, Like Dust


The Stars, Like Dust by Isaac Asimov
Publisher: Spectra
Genre: Science Fiction
Pages: 180
Publication Date: January, 1951
Rating: 3/5
Summary:
Biron Farrell is a young student studying at the University of Earth when someone planted a radiation bomb in his dorm room. Shortly after the bomb, he discovers that his father, the highly respected Rancher of Widemos, has been killed. He embarks on a quest to find out why his father was murdered, who planted the bomb, and how he fits into the puzzle. He travels across space and struggles against the Tyranni while he solves these mysteries.
Pros:
·       Asimov does a great job crafting an interesting universe.
·       The plot moved along at a good pace for the most part.
·       The technology included in the novel is brilliant considering it was published in 1951.
·       The story was very interesting and had a lot of action-packed pages.
Cons:
·       The romance element of the book seemed rather rushed.
·       At times the plot was difficult to follow.
Final Thoughts:
            This was my first time reading a book by Isaac Asimov; I really enjoyed it. It was not my favorite sci-fi novel I have read but I am definitely excited to read more of his books. The plot moved along very quickly so even the parts I was not crazy about went by quickly. The fact that this was written 65 years ago is pretty impressive. I would definitely recommend it if you want a quick sci-fi read!
           


2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of Asimov, and I, Robot is pretty accessible. Foundation is a big undertaking, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to read I, Robot since I loved the movie!

      Delete