Monday, January 22, 2018

Review: Settle for More by Megyn kelly

Source: Amazon.com
Settle for More by Megyn Kelly
Publisher: Harper
Genre: Autobiography/Memoir
Pages: 352
Publication Date: November, 2016
Rating: 5/5
Summary:
            Megyn Kelly, the anchor of The Kelly File, shares her life’s experiences. She discusses her family’s background, her stint as a lawyer after law-school, and her experiences as a news anchor. She explains how her time being bullied, losing a father at a young age, and experiencing sexism in the workplace have given her tough enough skin to deal with Trump’s attack on her during the 2016 election.
Pros:
·       This book gave interesting information about Trump’s actions during the election. Photographic evidence is presented in the book that back up the claims about Trump’s constant contact with Megyn Kelly.
·       I think this is a book that can help empower females without falling into the present-day feminist narrative of needing to put men down for women to get ahead. Instead, it shows that we should be empowering everyone so we can all have equality.
Cons:
·       Honestly, none; I really enjoyed the whole book. It is hard to find the cons of a book that are an memoir; who am I to say I disagree with how the author views her own life.
Final Thoughts:
            I absolutely loved this book. As someone who is about to graduate from grad school and launch into my career, this book came at a great time for me. It shed some great insight on navigating competitive jobs, dealing with loss of family members, and how to not settle for less in life. I knew next to nothing about Megyn Kelly before reading this book, but now I will definitely start following her career!
           


No comments:

Post a Comment